Monday, November 01, 2010

a new adventure….


I have decided after much conversation, angst, stress and prayer to leave my job at the Environment Agency. I’ve been working for this government body for seven years and have gone from loving every single day and bouncing out of bed to get to work, to no longer fitting in the role, organisation or being able to cope with the commute.

After lots of consideration, tears and answered prayer I handed in my notice and in 2 weeks I shall officially be unemployed. And I have nowhere to go!. I have applied for a  few Christmas Temp jobs but so far it seems I am over-qualified for them!

I know on the grand scale of things, and in a time where unemployment is rising especially from the Public Sector, this isn’t all that exciting. It has been pointed out though that it is quite cuckoo!

But I know I am following God in taking this course of action now. I am in a lesson of trust and faith beyond which I’ve experienced in this way before.

Most folk who know me, recognise me as an enthusiastic and energetic personality and somewhere along the line a lot of this has been sapped out of me. I want that girl back! I want to learn to rely on God for my strength and the amazing people He has surrounded me with.

I don’t know where I am going but I hope you’ll follow me on this footpath that is there, even if I can't see it yet. I am re-starting this blog on which I am going to chart the course of this next adventure. There have already been highs and lows and I’m going to need all the help I can get. 

No comments: